Rolling Road Closure
Under the rolling road closure for this race, the convoy can use both sides of the road and roundabouts, and a sterile zone from vehicles exits from the lead Police to the rear Police, in which no vehicle is permitted to drive for safety reasons.
Encountering the Convoy
Residents encountering the convoy simply need to wait on the road side for the convoy to move past quickly and follow Police instructions. Most times a wait of two to three minutes is all that the motorists will have to endure. We thank you for patience.
If you somehow become entangled in a race, here are five simple guidelines to follow:
- Switch on vehicle hazard lights and start to slow,
- Move to the left-hand side of the road slowly (after checking there are no bikes to your left),
- Wind down the windows and if need be signal with your arm your intention to move to the left hand side of the road (as cyclists cannot always see your lights),
- Stop your vehicle off the road if safe, and
- Do not proceed again, until the last Police vehicle arrives.
Roads Impacted In Brief
A full list of impacted roads including times will be available and posted here upon council and NSW Police approvals.